Pages

Friday 1 May 2020

The Sweet Detective - Poem

This is a poem we had to read it. Then we had to answer some questions but but they were our class site you could go and visit them   The Sweet Detective 
By Phoebe Coghlan

My sneaky, scheming mother
Keeps on hiding all my sweets.
“Dinner must come first,” she says
“And then can come your treats”.

I really feel quite angry
As I’ve worked so hard at school.
All I need’s some chocolate
To re-constitute my fuel.

My greens - they quite disgust me
For they barely have a taste, 
I’d sooner have those cookies
Which my Mother has ‘misplaced’.

I search around and soon I find
A case that’s most suspicious
Nestling there without care
Amongst the pots and dishes.

Straight away I pick the lock
And then unclip the strap
Aha! At last! My tasty treasure
Spills into my lap!



No comments:

Post a Comment